So far, I have attempted to (or learned to) follow a formula for my posts so as to make it a manageable task. The formula is a constraint in the same sense as a haiku or a twitter post are bound by the rules of their media. My constraints are:
- Keep it to two paragraphs.
- If the writing must be longer than two paragraphs, span it over more than one post.
- Each post should be (mostly) self-contained.
- Include a photo with every post. In my case, they are always square.
- Legos make great actors for quick photo shoots.
- Write one day, edit on a second sitting, and post on a third.
As to the look of the blog itself, I have modified it slowly over time. I figure that I need to have enough content to make it useful to navigate. With over 49 posts, I might finally be hitting such a tipping point. I like simple, clean and modern styles. I chose white on black because it's easier for *me* to read, and it emphasizes signal to background. So it was natural for me to use the current style from the blogger defaults.
Entering the fourth paragraph, you can see that I habitually violate my own rules... And this leads me to my request: Please send suggestions for additional (or different) constraints on blog writing that you think are interesting or fun. Please also suggest how I should better style this blog.
And thank you for reading! My wife still doesn't read my blog.